And you think your truck is slow…..
- UPS is the only company to offer consumers the ability to control their deliveries through the use of UPS My Choice.
- UPS will manage more than 58 million online package tracking requests on Dec. 20.
- UPS expects to deliver 120 million packages the week before Christmas.
- On Dec. 22, UPS expects to deliver more than 25 million packages worldwide, compared to 15.6 million package deliveries on a standard business day.
- On Dec. 22, UPS drivers will deliver nearly 300 packages per second.
- Most holiday packages are not lightweight (under 5 pounds). In fact, during the holidays, the average retail package shipped by The UPS Store is approximately 11 pounds.
- This year, there are 30 shopping days and only 20 shipping days between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Mondays are typically the busiest shipping days at The UPS Store.
- Dec. 12-16 is expected to be the busiest week of the year at The UPS Store.
- Customers can ship as late as Dec. 23 for delivery on Dec. 24 via UPS air services.